How do you ask God what to do?
You say, ‘God, what shall I do? Write down the answer that comes. Test this against the following questions and ask the advice of one or maybe two people who are the most reliable advice-givers in your life.
· Is this proposed course of action selfish?
· Is there a bad motive hiding under a good one?
· Does this proposed course of action meet the needs of others generally?
· Does this proposed course of action meet the needs of someone who is suffering?
· Does this proposed course of action enable me to be of maximum service?
· Is there a cost? If so, what is the cost?
· Would anyone else be affected negatively?
· If so, must their consent be obtained?
· Would this produce an inappropriate imbalance in my life?