- Link to worksheets and handouts
- What is the programme? What is sponsorship?
- How we have recovered
- Meet us
- Self vs God
- Meeting formats
- Group-level public information
- XII Traditions and XII Concepts: considerations
- Speaker of the week
- Long Island Big Book Workshop (February 20 update)
Saturday, 17 September 2016
Page 85 of the Big Book talks about serving God. My experience of serving God is that it is motivated only by a desire to serve God. That motivation is not subject to outside influence. The reason this produces more consistent action in me than self-serving is that self-serving is all about a transaction: taking action to get something back. If I cease valuing what I get back, or I do not get back what I anticipated, the motivation falters. Self-serving is about conditional giving; God-serving is about unconditional giving.