- Link to worksheets and handouts
- What is the programme? What is sponsorship?
- How we have recovered
- Meet us
- Self vs God
- Meeting formats
- Group-level public information
- XII Traditions and XII Concepts: considerations
- Speaker of the week
- Long Island Big Book Workshop (February 20 update)
Saturday, 9 July 2016
Doing God's will
If you drink again, you have not given yourself over to God. What that means is simple: for me to drink, I have to be in charge. If I'm in the employment and care of God, the question is this: what would God have me do? God simply would never have me drink. Whether I am enjoying myself or not is neither here nor there. I have resigned; I have fired myself as the manager of my life. A Step Three solidly taken based on giving up the right to make any decisions except as the junior partner of God will guarantee permanent sobriety provided that other actions are taken to cement this new attitude in place. This never fails. If a sponsee drinks, they are doing their will, not God's. God is the only answer.