- Go to a meeting every day. Get there early. Leave late. Go for 'fellowship' (coffee or dinner). Talk to people. Be honest. Listen. Help out.
- Read a story at the back of the Big Book and highlight anything you identify with.
- Grass up delinquent, dark, or troubling thoughts to an AA confidante or two.
- Read pages 86 to 88 of the Big Book every day and do exactly what it says. If you don't believe in God, try a higher power instead. If you can't conceive of one, try this: 'a hitherto unsuspected inner resource'.
- Make yourself useful both at AA meetings and in the outside world
- Phone three solid AA members every day in addition to your sponsor (which means you need to get a sponsor) and be honest and open with them.
- Prioritise time spent on the latest exercise your sponsor has given you on the Steps. If your sponsor hasn't given you one, you probably need a different sponsor.
Sunday, 9 August 2015
Daily tips for newcomers
These are not taken from the Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous) but are perfectly consistent with it: