List your defects (attitudes or thinking/behaviour patterns):
(1) Do I really want the defect removed?
(2) If the answer is 'yes', move onto the next one.
(3) If the answer is 'no', ask yourself: how is your life unmanageable due to your powerlessness to change this attitude or thinking/behaviour pattern?
(4) If the answer is still 'no': remember that defects progress; where will this take you if you do not change?
(5) If the answer is still 'no': each defect must be benefiting you: what is the benefit, and are you willing to give that up?
(6) Have you had enough?
(7) Are you now ready?