Does relinquishing anger mean I do not care?


When I am angry, does it mean I care?
To stop being angry, do I have to stop caring?

Actions are good things we do to make the world a better place in the future. Caring about the world, if genuine and untarnished by anger, will produce action automatically.

Anger, by contrast, is the response to a perception of reality that says this:

"What is see is not what I planned. How dare the world defy me! How dare the world fail to recognise my Godly supremacy over all I touch?"

Anger, really, is the rage of the impoverished emperor, dethroned and ragged, with no one recognising who he really is. It is not a sign of caring, although we may care, too.

You can take good action and be a raging God-pretender.
You can take no action and be a raging God-pretender.
You can take good action and accept the world as it is right now without relinquishing the ideal towards which you are willing to help the world grow.
You can accept the world but take no action (although this may be a sign more of anger turned to depression and indifference than genuine equanimity).

To care means to act; to be angry means not to care but to rage against a recalcitrant world.