1. I will not help you stay and wallow in your own sickness.
2. I cannot give you dreams or “fix you up,” simply because I can’t.
3. I cannot give you growth or grow for you. You must grow yourself by facing reality, grim as it may be at times.
4. I cannot take away your loneliness or pain.
5. I cannot convince you of the crucial choice of choosing the scary uncertainty of growing over the safe misery of not growing.
6. If I care for you out of pity I will kill you and I will get sick if I care more about how you feel than whether you live or die.
7. You must know that my help is conditional. I cannot get close to you if you refuse to grow. If you want to get well, I will walk to the gates of hell with you. If you don’t want to get well, you will have to go there by yourself.
8. That being said, my job is to walk with you day-by-day, side-by-side on the path of spiritual progress. This is a commitment for both of us and I will put as much into it as you will.