“This fourth edition includes the Twelve Concepts for World Service and revises the three sections of personal stories as follows. One new story has been added to Part I, and two that originally appeared in Part III have been repositioned there; six stories have been deleted. Six of the stories in Part II have been carried over, eleven new ones have been added, and eleven taken out. Part III now includes twelve new stories; eight were removed (in addition to the two that were transferred to Part I).” (Preface, Alcoholics Anonymous)
Dull, but detailed and accurate. Someone knew what they were doing and what they had done and were able to communicate that.
When I can stick to facts and figures and avoid flimflam, manipulation, JEDI (justification, explanation, defence, intentions), difficult situations are resolved very easily.
Facts are simple; narratives are complicated.
The second column of the resentment inventory and Step Eight are all about facts.
There, I practice. Then I have a skill for every other situation.