Load-bearing wall

A while ago, I was away on my face-to-face home group day. I might have ‘made a day of it’ there and have returned too late to attend my home group and fellowship afterwards. I made the decision, instead, to come back earlier so I could attend my home group and fellowship. Nothing particularly important happened at the meeting or at fellowship. Ordinary meeting. Ordinary fellowship. Nothing spectacular.

The home group and fellowship are vital, though. In construction, when a home is being refurbished, the builders have to be careful not to touch load-bearing walls. They might look like ordinary walls, but knock them down and the whole structure will collapse. My recovery is like that. A few, dull things are the load-bearing walls. Their role in establishing the structure is invisible: there is nothing about them, per se, that reveals their pivotal significance, but remove them and the whole structure will collapse.