Who knows? Who cares?!

I practise anonymity at the public level but not at the private level.

My job is to be of maximum usefulness to God.

I'm happy for people to figure out I'm in recovery or on a spiritual path, wherever I go, on planes, on trains, at work, in shops. I don't care who overhears anything I say on the phone.

I don't have to worry about what people think.

Recovery is not a special little cult I belong to or a private practice, for my own edification in a precious bubble of floral-scented spirituality.

I've been taught that spirituality is about getting my hands dirty in the world for the greater benefit of humanity, with God as the guide.

I have an aversion to quarters in the recovery world that are focused chiefly on understanding oneself, following one's own dreams, getting close to the God for the mere sake of it, or getting lost in flaccid abstractions and fine words.

Rather, I like the parts of the recovery world that can better be described as the front line, to offer myself to be used how God wants to use me in the lives of others.