What's my identity?

I don't care.

Identities, whether sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, sociodemographic background, whatever, are about separation. I'm like this; you're like that. They establish something to be maintained and defended against change, against attack, against competition. Worse than that, each element of the composite identity fights against each other one.

What I am is spirit: a child of God, just like everyone else.

So, identity:

I don't need one.

I don't want one.

I wouldn't know what to do with one if I had it.

Frame it and put it on the wall?

It would not add one ounce to the value of my life.

Tradition Five tells me what's valuable: carrying the message.

Step Twelve tells me what to do: practise these principles in these affairs.

The affairs are not my activities: my only activities are carrying the message and practising the principles.

So, I don't have relationships; I don't have an occupation; I don't have property.

There are relationships, there is an occupation, and there is property, and they're entrusted to me to practise principles in, but they do not become mine.

Everything I do, each day, is Step Twelve.

There is nothing else.

When anything else takes on a life of its own as an asset, an activity, a domain with its own contribution to my identity, value, and purpose, I become fragmented.

To be unified, I have one objective: Tradition V.

I have one course of action: Step Twelve.

That is all.