Step Six: are defects crutches, survival mechanisms, defences?

Are my character defects crutches?

Only someone who is sick needs crutches.

But everyone needs energy.

My character defects are like energy drinks.

They appear to give me energy, but they are merely stimulant substances.

I need to eat proper food instead of drinking energy drinks.

What is the proper food?

What gives me real energy?

The attempt to discern and carry out the will of the Higher Power.

My character defects never really benefited me.

My character defects never really helped me.

When I realise that, the internal conflict that is preventing me from changing is removed.

What is a character defect?

A road I walk down.

When I seek only to do the will of the Higher Power, in complete humility, with a silent ego, I walk down the right road.

This completely solves the problem of character defects.