Special

I was scared, once, I would not find love.

Sex: likewise.

The love I was after was particular: particular to a particular person, who would be special, for whom I would be special, and with whom physical attraction and physical interaction were paramount.

This was not love.

It was folly, attachment, obsession, possession, slavery, narcissism, vanity, barter, materialism, prostitution, addiction, bullying, warfare.

What I called love wasn't, and I had no idea what love was.

I would not have wanted what love actually was.

It would not have satisfied me.

Sex: likewise.

Food is not interesting to someone who is obsessed with pepper, who is on the 'straight pepper diet' (Big Book).

Or even the gay pepper diet.

I was dying of starvation whilst my stomach was full of pepper.

So, when someone who is an addict says they're frightened of not finding love ever again, one hope's they're right.

Sex: likewise.

In the same way that one hopes that an alcoholic who is frightened of never drinking again never does.