Concept VI

Key ideas:

Conference makes final decisions on large matters of general policy and finance.

The Board takes chief initiative and active responsibility for implementation.

The Board does a little but delegates most matters to consultants, directors, staff, and sub-committee members.

Conference meets once a year.

The Board meets a few times a year.

The final delegatees are constantly active.

In life:

God makes the final decision on large matters of general policy and finance.

Under Concept IV, I participate in that, but as a minority.

I make final decisions on large matters very infrequently.

When I'm not 'in Conference' with God, I do not consider such matters.

As 'the Board', I have to take chief initiative and active responsibility in my life for identifying what to do and how to do it, for doing it, for assessing the results honestly.

As 'the Board', however, the actions are almost entirely delegated.

I only spend time as 'the Board' for a few minutes a day, to sketch out the day, its activities, and the spirit of those activities, and then to assess the results.

These considerations are guided by God, as the 'Conference'.

All of the above means that, 99% of the time, I am a mere operative, and need not think about bigger questions of final decisions on large matters of general policy and finance or the chief initiative and active responsibility for my affairs: I need only do.