Apples

God can remove my defects of character completely.

God will not remove my defects of character permanently.

Imagine there are apples in the refrigerator on Monday.

Now imagine that, with God’s help, I remove them.

On Tuesday, there will be no apples in the refrigerator, because they have been completely removed.

If there are no apples in the refrigerator on Tuesday, that does not mean that there will be no apples in the refrigerator on Wednesday.

If I put apples in the refrigerator on Wednesday, there will be apples in the refrigerator on Wednesday.

That does not mean that the apples were not completely removed on Tuesday.

It means I put new apples in.

The apples are of the same kind as the previous apples, but they are not the same apples.

The situation is the same with defects of character.